Sunday, June 04, 2017

Crown Him With Many Crowns

A blessed Lord's day to you, my friends!
Some of you may remember this post from 4 years ago,
but it is a favorite of mine so I thought I would share it again. . .
I hope you don't mind.
Please enjoy these beautiful images and words.




Crown Him with many crowns, the Lamb upon His throne:
Hark! how the heav'nly anthem drowns all music but its own!
Awake, my soul, and sing of Him who died for thee,
And hail Him as thy matchless King through all eternity.


Crown Him the Lord of love: behold His hands and side -
Rich wounds, yet visible above, in beauty glorified;
No angel in the sky can fully bear that sight,
But downward bends his wond'ring eye at mysteries so bright.




Crown Him the Lord of life: who triumphed o'er the grave,
Who rose victorious to the strife for those He came to save;
His glories now we sing, who died and rose on high,
Who died eternal life to bring and lives that death may die.


Crown Him the Lord of heav'n: one with the Father known,
One with the Spirit through Him giv'n from yonder glorious throne.
To Thee be endless praise, for Thou for us hast died;
Be Thou, O Lord, through endless days adored and magnified.
- Matthew Bridges and Godfrey Thring -




The one who bore the crown of thorns while on the cross
is now crowned with "many crowns" as the reiging monarch of heaven.
Each crown in this hymn text exalts Christ 
for some specific aspect of His person or ministry:
stanza one for His eternal Kingship;
stanza two for His love demonstrated in redemptive suffering;
stanza three for His victorious resurrection and ascension;
stanza four as a member of the triune Godhead ever worthy of worship and praise.
- Kenneth W. Osbeck -




Jesus Christ,
the condescension of divinity
and the exaltation of humanity.
- Phillips Brooks -


His eyes were as a flame of fire, 
and on his head were many crowns. . .
And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: 
and his name is called The Word of God.
- Revelation 19:12-13 -


Have a beautiful and joyous Lord's Day!

22 comments:

cucki said...

Wow so beautiful
Big hugs x

LV said...

Never tire of this glorious, and heavenly blessing. I am sure I saw it, not remember. We can always use a second dose of from the good Lord.

Karen said...

I treasure this old hymn. Bob Fitts does a wonderful rendition of it on Youtube. I like the line that says, Awake my soul and sing of Him who died for thee! Amazing sky photos.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Stephanie, Just beautiful. Wishing you a blessed Lord's Day sweet friend.
Joys, xo

Cindy said...

Those clouds are phenomenal! I love the way the Lord uses His creation to show us His love. Hope you have a blessed day!

Simply Linda said...

Beautiful, my friend.

Tamago said...

Wow the sky looks incredible! Good post is worth sharing again :-) Happy Sunday, Stephanie xo

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What gorgeous images that go with the words, dear one! Thank you for sharing again, and I hope you've had a lovely Sunday. xxoo

Sandy said...

One of my most favorite hymns. Beautiful pictures to go with the words.F
Thank you Stephanie.
Sandy xx

Mari said...

Just beautiful!

Carla from The River said...

Thank you, my friend. A great way to start the week.
Carla

Pam Richardson said...

Sweet Stephanie, what beautiful photos and words. I love that hymn...it is a favorite of mine. Your posts are a blessing when they arrive in my inbox. Have a lovely week, precious friend! Blessings and hugs!

Elizabeth S said...

I haven't sung this hymn for ages and so it was wonderful to read it and sing the words and see the Amazing photos of sky with the image of a crown in the clouds. A vivid reminder that GOD IS AWESOME!

Vee said...

Stunning! I had not seen it so appreciated the reprise.

Rose L said...

Amen!

mamasmercantile said...

Beautiful.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

And He shall reign in truth and LOVE. LOVE ONLY!

Anne said...

One of my favorites :-)

Lowcarb team member said...

Beautiful.

All the best Jan

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I did not see it before so this is such a special treat.

David Brown said...

He is worthy of many crowns!

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh my, those clouds really DO look like a crown. I love how you see things in the clouds. I often see images in the clouds too. Beautiful pictures and wonderful words today, dear one.

~Sheri

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...